Sunday, April 1, 2018

Fri and Sat.
Good Lord Im so far behind.
GD Internet !!!

OK So......Thursday Pm was our all nighter in the BOMA.
I had an easy shift (Aside from the young boy that was in there asking me a million questions)
This is what my "Work Station" (Aka my Lap) Looked like .....
I can't explain it bc its top secret 
(Im basically part of the CIA now)

This is Sally... My Ellie Soulmate.
She threw this branch on her back and fell asleep with it there for over 30 minutes.
(You just never know if you'll wake up hungry and want a snack)
She's the Shit.


During Beths' (One of the other Volunteers here) 1:45AM shift ...
She did this ....
(We will not discuss how much actual work she did or did not get done during her shift)
SUPER ACCURATE.  She knows us so well ....

ITS FRIDAY !!!!!
And the Ellies Easter Celebration Day !!
So whats going on here is that Christina is Saran Wrapping Aliyah so that she can
attach a GoPro to her chest because we GET TO GIVE OUR ELLIES THIER 'EGGS"!!!


It was a funny process as you can see......


All set and Ready to go !!


So Christina Took some AMAZING photos of the whole thing but I don't have them yet...
Ill post when I have time to upload them from the office computer.
But Ann took this awesome one .....
I was in HEAVENNNNNNNNN


After that Amazing Amazing Experience ...
We all loaded into the cars and headed to the Waterfront in Knysna ....
Don't be alarmed but I was going over 110 MPH !!!
(Just kidding its in Km)
(Whatever that means)
(Apparently Im terrible with European Measurement Conversions)


So the Waterfront is what you'd think....
A small town on the ocean ...
It was super cute and they were having some kayak polo games (IDK)
and live music and theres a ton of cute shops and restaurants .....
However as we prefer to go off the beaten path this is what we saw ....


Just a cool Wall made out of Recycled Bottles ....




And we finally found something ABANDONED !!!
We couldn't get in because it was Barbwired to the max but still interesting...





We both turned around to take pics of each other at the same time ....
Twining .....





Just so you can see the color of the water...
(I didn't edit it)




Then we had Tapas and HAPPY HOUR !!!
WOOT WOOT
I got SO WASTED !!!!
(lol just kidding I had a coke and a water)


I did have some delicious Muscles and Frikkadel
(Which is a south African Meatball...made with Mince..a meat blend)
(Which were served in a red sauce similar to a thick Marinara)
And Sushi and A cold Artichoke dish.....


Followed that with a traditional Malve Pudding
(Which is basically Bread Pudding served with Vanilla Sauce)
AMAZINGGGGGG



SATURDAY !!!!!!

We kicked off the day by returning to the market....
We didn't want to take two cars considering that we only had 6 ppl so we looked up the laws and 
discovered as long as everyone was seat belted in we were good...
So thats exactly what we did...

And then .......
Get ready for it ....
We went to a Vegan Restaurant.
So long story short we met this Man Lello, an Italian man from Napoli at the bank one day and the tellers weretaking forever so he started up and conversation with us and told us all about his Vegan 
Restaurant thats Farm to Table, and how he also makes his own Coffee.
Immediately Ann was in love ... and I called him out...letting him know no 
TRUE Italian could EVER be Vegan...so he dared me to come...telling me he'd change my
mind and make me a 'Vegan Lasagna that would make me cry" and promised to buy me a real
Meatball if he wasn't able to win me over.
So I accepted his Challenge.




Unfortunately for me the food was actually delicious.
And when he came over and inquired what I thought...of course I lied and told him it was "Ok".
It was then that he called me out and told me he had seen me getting seconds.
LOL
The jig was up.
(I think thats the correct word in that phrase? gig? )



His place is amazing ... on over 400 Hectors 
(Whatever the hell that means)
It was brick and stone and had all these old worldy pieces of furniture and architecture
It was like we had walked right into Italy.
(With not meat or Dairy)







We were invited to walk around his property...and it was
just as amazing as the restaurant.





This would be me if I was a plant.
(Don't touch me)
(Grin)



And last but not least this is me in my own private frame with my wooden scepter.
Not really much else to say about that.


Ok!
So that was Fri and Sat !!
Tomorrow I will try and post Today which is Sun and Tomorrow which is Monday.
Was that confusing?
Lol 
Write Soon !!








No comments:

Post a Comment