Saturday, April 7, 2018

friday.
Last official day of work.
I can't believe it.
Ive never really been sad to have a last day before ...
Especially one that means no more 5:30 alarms and poop shoveling.
So this is a first.

Last BOMA clean .....


Last day (and first day lol) of Lab cleaning with our fancy black gloves.
I don't want to brag but as you can see we're pretty official ...

Last day of making Beth do all the work while we joked around in the foreground ...


Last day of cleaning lightbulbs and making fun of Beth for not tying her shoes.


Last day of rain watching these Amazing creatures go mudding.
(Only because its not going to rain anymore before we leave)





Ok .... lets take a break from all that ...
I made cookies for our Braai.
(Braai - which is a South African BBQ )
(which Ive already told you)
(Pay attention)



Than Schatzi decided to use garden shears to debark a slew of branches that she needed for her 
German contribution to the Braai.
(More info to follow later on)



Last Braai.
(Yes were back to that)


And then the most amazing thing happened.
Since the second week that I was here ...
(And I say the second because I wanted to give everyone a chance to get used to my sparkling personality before I showed my true colors - Grin)
So...
Since the second week that I was here Ive been asking for Certificates for all of the activities
that I have mastered .. and nothing. I was told that its not something they do here but that didn't stop me from asking and brining it up everyday.
But today ... during the Braai ... 
I GOT CERTIFICATES !!!!
TWELVE in total !!!!

(Thanks to Ann who captured these incredible moments in my life)
(HAHAHAHA)


I don't know if you can see all of them but not only are the Funny AF ...
(because of many inside jokes...and because they already know me so well)
But Christina and Nicki managed to put the M word in
EVERY SINGLE ONE
and the proceeded to SAY the M word EVERY SINGLE TIME.
And I couldn't even punch them because the fact that they took the time to do this
just for me was so Incredible.
So I  just stood there and took it.
LOL 
(This will be the only time that it will be acceptable)
(So don't any of you get any ideas)





Stockbrot.
(Bread on a stick)
RECIPE ::
1 packet of dry yeast.
1 tablespoon sugar
300ml warm milk (I also don't know what a ml is)
400g flour (nope don't know this either but 400 is a very large number)
1/2 teaspoon salt.

Yield....   6 sticks of bread.
Mix yeast, sugar, and warm milk. Rest for 5 minutes. Then add in the flour and salt.
Rest for one hour. 
Then take a small handful of dough, stretch it out till its about an inch thick and wrap it around
a branch and heat over the fire until the outside is hardish.
(Yes hardish. IDK how else to explain it lol)




Ann told us we didn't look excited enough....
SO I tried to go above and beyond.



After the Braai we decided to go out dancing for a bit.
One night on the town before our adventure had ended.


One last note.
The Last Dare I Will Ever Do.
Twerking against a wall. I didn't even know what that meant.
And I was completely unsuccessful.
At least some laughs were had at my expense.
So there it is.


Im a day behind ....
Tomorrow (which is Sunday) Ill post Saturday ...
And possibly Sunday as well since Monday and Tuesday will be spent in planes and airports.
Although I will be gaining a day somehow along the way so technically Wednesday also.
Confused? I am ....









No comments:

Post a Comment