Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cayman Xmas Lights....

Ahhh......Christmas in Cayman...
An interesting experience to say the least...
There is nothing stranger to me than seeing Christmas wreaths being hung by people in sandals 
and Christmas lights wrapped around Palm Trees...

Id like to give a Special Thanks to Barbara for taking me out
and showing me the Christmas traditions in Cayman...so that I could share it with you...
so 
THANK YOU BARBARA!!!

The Ritz Hotel : : : 12.23.10
(Inside the Ritz they had a LIFE SIZE Gingerbread house...complete with a 'Frosting Tree"
and mini village)
(And yes it was all edible.)
(You could smell it for miles..)
(Delicious AND impressive)
(Although I wouldn't suggest eating it because it was there for over a week)

(And a Working Train!!)
(No the train was not edible)
(Your not too bright are you....)



(They had HUGE trees with even HUGER Balls.)
(CHRISTMAS Ball ORNAMENTS)
(Come on....don't be a pervert during the holidays)


(Ahhhhhh)
(Whats so great about this pic is that you prob have no idea what it is...)
(And Im not going to tell you)
(This is an imagination one)
(Barbara...don't tell anyone!)

( )

(Love this one...)

(This is an incognito ninja photographer who shall remain anonymous)
(For her safety and yours)
(Oh shit....I told you it was a she)
(Cats out of the bag)
(What does THAT expression mean?)
(How many cats would stay in a bag?)
(Most expressions are actually pretty stupid)

( )

(Yeah I know....must be nice to be a billionaire and stay at the Ritz)

( )

                    And then we moved on to the next stop on our tour : : :

                                 The Crighton House : : :
(There are two main houses that do Christmas Light Extravaganzas)
(The Crighton house was way bigger...and was divided into a 'religious' side and a 'kiddie' side)
(Weird kinda)
(But it was impressive and different than any other houses I've seen in the states...)
(Lets take a walk through shall we?)

(These lights were all synchronized with music)
(Which I should tell you made it SUPER hard to take pictures of)
(We stood there for a good 10 minutes waiting for them to be fully lit)

( )

(Yup...you guessed it...)
(This is the religious side)
(Im assuming thats the bible)
(Not an ACUTAL bible....)
(But a replica)

(And of course there had to be a life sized nativity scene)
(Nativity Scenes remind me of my Momma)
(Hi MOMMA!)

(Oh yes.....)
(This is actually dedicated to someone we know)
(But Im not going to say who...)
(But Im sure some of you will be able to figure it out)

(Xmas Fire)
(Not real fire.)
(Just lights that look life fire.)
(Come on did you really think fire could shape itself like a bow?)
(Bet you didn't even see the bow until I mentioned it)
(You would be a terrible detective)

( Yes....this is what the front of my house looks like also)

(One of the biggest working train sets I've seen)
(In the back there are even mini carnival rides)
(Super cute)


       Now the next few pictures need an explanation.
         Here I was minding my own business taking pics of Santa when I witnessed the
             CREEPIEST Christmas scenario I've ever been a part of.
        I did not adjust any of these pictures to keep their credibility....
         Keep your eyes on the SNOWMAN : : :
(Oooo. Cutie Snowman right?)

(AHHHH....hes staring into my soul!!)

(Doing his thing)

(Puffing out his chest)

(Getting ready for the kill)

(AHHHH again!!!)
(Look at those big hollow eyes...)
(I swear he sucked a part of me right out)
(DEVIL SNOWMAN!!!)

(They put lights on the strangest ways)
(Its like how my dad would do it if he had the option)
(Hi DAD!)

(OF COURSE theres a Gingerbread Man See-Saw)
(Made out of a giant Candy Cane no less !!)

( )

(Um yeah)
(Little Mermaid scene?)
(Weird and random and so Cayman)
(There was also a Winnie the Pooh and random Doll scene)
(I didn't get pics of them because I just didn't get it)

(And theres totally nothing odd about this Hut decorated in Xmas lights)
(With Conch shells....)
(Although I do have to say I appreciate that they depicted their cultures...)

(And a washing board....hammock and sand...)
(Barbara told me a story about the Christmas tradition of the conch shells...)
(But I forgot it)
(Sorry!)

(And Fake Roosters)
(Like there aren't enough real ones around)


(And a Chicken / Elf Scene)
(It just got stranger and stranger....)
(Do you think there are a lot of chickens in the North Pole?)

(Yep....Light up Palm Trees)
(Id love to have one of these back in the states)

( )
(This is self explanatory)
(CANDY CANE)
(HELLO!!!)
(This is like the only totally normal thing here!!!)

( love )

( Love / Hate )
(Only hate because Its (The Trees...duh)  color almost looks evil)
(Like the fiery pits of hell)
(And hell is red...everyone knows that)
(I didn't capitalize hell because Im not acknowledging its existence)
(This is getting way to political)
(And I say political because people always say you should never discuss politics or religion)
(Only because it makes people fight)
(Ok Im rambling)
(Moving on)

(I want to live in here)
(It's Like a little fairy home)
(Amazing)

             And then onto the last stop on our tour. The Bodden House.
           If you remember from any of my previous blogs, The Boddens are some of the oldest
                      and richest occupants of the Island.    (Or so Im told)
              This one while not as big was more compact and a little less kid friendly
                                 (AKA ... Classier)   The were some interesting light strands and
                                              the live music was the most intriguing...
                  Follow ME !!   (HAHA how cheesy was that!)

                         The Bodden House : : : 
(I also want to live in here)
(It looks like a wonderful purplescent galaxy)
(Yes I just made that word up)
(But I think it works there)
(Shut it Kim and Kris)

( I told you they hang their lights differently here.....)

(Just cant get enough of that moon.....)

( )

( )

(And here it is.........Drumroll please....)
(That was funny!)
(People always say 'Drumroll please' but the things being revealed are ACTUALLY Drums!!)
(COME ON....that was Amazing!)
(OK maybe not amazing....but def worth a Chuckle or two..)

(Somehow this pic got double exposed)
(Or overexposed)
(Not sure which one means what)
(But look at his left hand..)
(Im not sure but I don't think he has a mini pet reindeer that accompanies him...)
(But who knows....)
(This is Cayman)

( Nothing says Christmas like steel drums, flannel shirts and dreads... )
<(Is this the correct spelling of Dreads? As in Dreadlocks?  The hair style?)>
(A-Mazing)
(I wrote it like that because I wanted to to say the A separately)
(I hate that I have to type sometimes...)

( )

(Lighted Palm Trees for days.....)

(A Bonzi Christmas?)

(These lights are Cool...)
(Cool as is 'Ice blue' AND Cool as in...neato?)
(Amazing)


(These lights are also interesting)
(The top ones are little flowers)
(The bottom ones are little leaves)
(In case your blind and you cant see them)
(Which....if your blind...this blog is prob EXTREMELY boring)
(I wonder If I can write it in brail...)
(Hummmm)

K thats it for now...Next blog will conclude Christmas...
You know....since its the second week in January Already....
ANDDDDDDD
Im out....

PS....I just edited my blog and apparently I was Amazed by this experience because I
must have written the word a dozen times.
Amazing.
(A dozen and 1.)
(HA)
          EDITORS NOTE: I just went through it again and counted the 'Amazings' and there are only
                                              really  4 of them out of 51 pictures.
                                        I think I just wrote them all really close together which is why it SEEMED
                                               like there were so many.
                     I CANT STOP TALKING / TYPING....Its seriously out of control.
                                                                          Bye.

1 comment:

  1. very beautiful Kendall, nice job. i saw the ninja in a pic in the backround not very incognito..lol.

    ReplyDelete