Friday, January 14, 2011

BS...Cayman Tourists

BS...
No that does not stand for BullShit
It stands for Barbara and Sara!!
On this Glorious Random Tuesday we decided to play Tourist and travel the Island.
We just drove down the road towards Star Point and stopped anywhere that looked 
like it could have some interesting photo opportunities....
THIS could not have come at a better time...
I was starting to suffocate in this tiny little Town...
And out of the blue, Barbara my savior suggested a Photo Date.
She saved my Sanity.
THANK YOU BARBARA....
This blog is dedicated to you..
(Not that that really means anything but Its all I got for you right now!!)
(But don't worry something better is Coming!)

Editors Note: This blog is SUPER long....I just edited it and there are 60 pictures and 
 a ton of writing...Im in a talkative mood apparently.
(It took me 2 hours to write it)
(So just bare with me...maybe you should make some popcorn)
(And put Franks Red-Hot on it.)
(Amazing)

          Random House :::            This is some random house on the side of the road..
                                    It was abandoned and all boarded up...Perfect territory for a photographer
                                           Wish I had been able to bring my bolt cutters on the plane with me..
                                                      (Yes I had bolt cutters at home)
                                                             (How else would I break into cool places to shoot?)
                                                                                  (  )

                                                                                    (  )
        
         Random Beach : :              This was just some random beach on the side of the road.
                                         It had a random boat turned upside down in the water...thats why we stopped
                                                  But I don't have any pictures of it.
                      Because I brought the wrong lens and the ones I took were too far away ......
                                                     (Just in case you were wondering)
(Some random Beach Bushes)


( Some Random Beach Palm Fronds)
(Chels told me this is how you spell it)
(Just Kidding)
(In case its wrong)

( A Random Palm Tree Scenic )

Jacks Fish Fry : : :          (A local Jamaican hotspot)
(I don't know if its actually a hotspot)
(But I couldn't think of any other word to describe it)
(It was delicious though)
(We didn't eat there...we just got it to go...)
(And we had a Picnic)
(But we'll get to that later on)

(I love this expression)
(I would love to have it printed on a T-Shirt)
(Although even if you thought it was necessary to buy a 'Jerk' why in the world would you want two!?)
(HaHa...get it?)
(Yes Im aware that there referring to Jerk CHICKEN and not a 'Jerky' person)
(Duh)
(Just trying to make a joke)

(This is John's wood / craft store)

(He made everything you see here by hand)
(There were some pretty impressive pieces)

(And of course there were coconut head pirates...and coconut animals)
(We can see you Barbara!)

(Coconut Bird)
(In case you haven't noticed the theme here yet)

( )

(I think she's beautiful)
(Amazing curves and lines)
(I think my Momma would like this)

(I WANT HIM SO BAD)
(He was kind of expensive)
(But I DO need a native elephant to bring home with me)
(Im having Non-Buyers Regret)
(And yes I am SURE that thats a real thing)
(Maybe Ill go back....)

(A Single Random......I don't know what she is)
(A voo-doo doll? A poppet)
(Just a random doll with no special meaning?)
(I should have asked)


(And this is John)
(He was very friendly and gracious enough to let us take pictures of his work)
(He's also an amazing artist...as you have seen)

(Whittling) 
(I always wanted to whittle something)
(Never did though...)
(Maybe Ill try and start with something simple)
(Like a bicycle)
(Random...unless you've seen "The Wedding Crashers")
(When he makes the kid a balloon bicycle?)
(Remember?)
(WATCH IT)

(This one was about three feet tall and perfectly smooth)
(Im not going to get all deep on you here....but....)
(This guy speaks volumes to me....)

Buddy's Fresh Farm Produce : : :
(This place was literally 3 steps from Johns Shop)
(Barbara spotted the blender from a mile away)
(Smoothies!)

(Its bananas)
(I hope you were able to figure that one out on your own)

(Um.....)
(Coconuts and Bananas)
(I would never PAY for a coconut on an ISLAND with a million PALM TREES)

(I don't think this chic is "Buddy")
(Just saying)
(And she tried to force feed Barbara Papaya)
(It was weird)
(I know she was unclear when she said "ONLY MANGO")
(Well it means ONLY MANGO")
(Jeeze)

(Just never saw Guava Jam before)
(Wanted to share in case you hadn't either)

(YES)
(They were SOO good)
(We talked about them for hours)
(Oh and I got Banana Mango in case you were wondering)
(Mines on the right)
(Dark and Delicious)
              
                  Random Beach 2 : : :                      The reason we stopped here was because we saw
                                                                                   a man on the side of the road descaling fresh fish...
                                                            And we got a little more than we bargained for....
(  )

(  )

(Yes always a purple one)

(  )

(Love it)

The Fish Guy :::  He wouldn't tell us his name and REFUSED to be in any pictures...
I asked him if he was wanted in several states and he said "Maybe"
(Of course I took Pictures of him anyway)
(Its public property...and Im a Bad-Ass)
(First he descaled them)
(They were HUGE)
(I asked him if they were preggers...and he said yes)
(Which was funny because I was only joking)

(After the descaling he proceeded to take the fish to the river and cut their belly's out)
(Thats where all the Roe is he said)
(Roe is fish eggs)
(He said the eggs were worth a lot of money...and then just threw the rest of the fish away)
(Were hoping that its because there the kind of fish you cant eat because there are too many bones)
(And not because he was wasteful)
(I ate a fish with too many bones in it once at a friends house)
(It was terrible)




(Told you)
(But I believe a good photographer will shoot it all, not just the fluffy stuff)

(Well there it is)
(I know its gross...but if you can get past the veins...It kinda looks like a heart...)
(Not an Actual heart...but the ones depicted on greeting cards)
(Yes I see hearts everywhere)
(What can I say....Im a hopeless romantic)

(These poor babies were still breathing...or trying too)
(Too tired to flop around...too alive to stop trying to move their gills)
(Sad)

(Ocean Vultures)
(Im not sure as to what their real names are...)
(But as soon as he threw the fish into the water ...dozens of them came out of nowhere)
(Dive-bombing the water...)
(Vultures.....)
(Ocean Vultures)

(  )


                             Star Point :::  Star Beach                      This was our main objective
                                                                            We had a picnic and chatted about world peace
                                                         (Just kidding)           (About the world peace part)
                                                                      (We figured that out a LONG time ago)
                                                                                  

(Tried something new here)
(What do you think?)
( ? )
(Were not moving forward until I get an answer)
(JK)
(Obv you cant answer)
(Which is good because Im so famous that a MILLION people would be trying to answer
 me and Id probably get a heartache and never be able to finish the blog)
......(AND a laugh!!)

(  )

(Me and these two are very close)
(Thats all Im going to say for now)

(  )

( Even though the top one seems 'bland' I like it the best)

(So there are all these nice little houses on the shoreline and as Barbara pointed out each one has
some clever name attached to it.....)
(This one says.....well you can read it)
(Yes Im SURE you can read it because if you could then you couldn't be reading all of this
and then it wouldn't even matter if I re-wrote it for you.)
           (Hum....you might not even get this sign.....Im not sure exactly but I think that its by Kai Beach
           or the town or something...)
              (SO Kai (Beach) + Boose (As in CAboose) (As in the last car of a train) = Kai-Boose...
  

(I have no clue)
(I found it there)
(Maybe its the Three Kings...or....I've got nothing..)

( Volleyball net)
(In the water)
(What'd you think it was?)


                                  Private Beach :::                 This is not the official name...but Chris
                                                                 took us here when we first came on Island and thats
                                                                      what he referred to it as.....
(Steps to a foundation of a house that was never built)
(OOOOooohhh I love a good mystery!)

Ok.....if you go back in my blogs...the 'Ten Sail' one... you will see the before picture of this
one directly below....
When I was here a few months ago this place was nothing but a few sticks
and a few leafy vines....
BUT it seems as if they put an addition onto it and classy'd the joint
up a little bit....
There was even a new bucket..fire pit...and weird Cane Statue thingy....
Someones moving up in the world!!!
(That however is not enough)
(This is the foundation of my NEW home...)
(I like the view better...and I need a little more space for all my things)
(I think its coming along nicely)

Colliers Public Beach :::          I thought the sign would be enough...but you never know...
(And this was the lovely sign right across the street)
(Awesome Dunkin Donuts......)
(Thanks for keeping Cayman so Rustic)
(That was sarcastic)
(DO NOT RUIN THEIR CULTURE)
(Yes Im serious)
(This kind of shit pisses me off)
(Pardon my french)
(This phrase is kind of offensive towards France)
(Is it possible that ALL bad words came from France?)
(Because thats what were saying...That their to blame for all the offensiveness....)
(Who knows....the phrase came into existence for a reason...)
(Moving on)

(Shipwreck)
(Actually its a broken handmade raft thingy)
(Which technically IS a shipwreck)
(Its clear that MacGuyver did not make this)
(Funny?)
(No?)
(Ok cool.)

( B )
(NOT Taking a 'Long walk off a Short pier')
(My dad used to say that all the time when I was little)
(Always thought it was so clever)

(  )


(This Damn Bird)
(Yes thats his official name)
(And yes I made it a HE because HE was annoying)
(Not that I think all men are annoying)
(Just most of them)

(Just wanted you to see how BIG his wing span is)
(The rumor is true)
(The bigger the beak the bigger the.....)
(WING SPAN)
(I just said it!)
(I know what you were thinking)
(Perverts)

                                                                ( Moritz's Infinity Pool)
                                              (I think thats how you spell it)
                                                                             (I spelt the way it sounds)
                                                         (I'm too lazy to look it up)


                NIKON SERIES : : :          Ok.
                                                                      NORMALLY I would never allow NIKON images
                                                          on this computer much less this blog...HOWEVER....Barbara 
                                                    (for whatever reason) chooses to shoot with one....SOOOOO
                                               Im making an exception...Also she took photos WITH me which is
                                          a reason of its own to post them..................
                                     ......She also took some pics of me also...They came out really good...
                                             
                                      which, Ill be honest, I wasn't sure if I would post or not...because 
                                         someone could construe them as suggestive or inappropriate....
                                            But with some helpful advice Id decided that since they are NONE of 
                                                  those things...that I was just going to do it.
                                  She's a really good photographer also..better
                                      then me...and who am I to deny the world of her art?
                                         Besides it was "Sweet Little Barbara's" idea                                        
                                             I was simply being an agreeable model.
                                                           (Next time its your turn woman!)

JUMPING !!!!!
(This is the "Flamingo" and the "White girls CAN jump" Shot)
(This is the "Broom handle hair/ Frog hop" and "Some kind of Broadway Show Move" Shot)

                         (This is the "I think Im 'Air Waltzing'" and "Bad-Ass Karate kick" Shot)
(This is the "I cant even think of a name for it" and "Robot elbow" Shot)
(We had a blast with these!!)
(Im grinning just thinking about how ridiculous we were....)


Fish Eye :::         (Its a lens that morphs things in an oval shape)
 (As you will see)

                                                              (This one came out really good)
(Usually I HATE being in front of the camera..)
(But the ones she took don't make me want to burn my eyes out)
(Yes that was a compliment)

                                                              ("Popeye Arm")
                                                        (This is my new TAT!!!)  
                                    (Yes it hurt....but not nearly as bad as I thought it would)


(Look how short I look!)
(IT IS THE LENS)
(I don't want to hear ANY short jokes)

Fine Art : : :                 (And some laughs) 
( Told you we were 'close')
(We couldn't get any other good ones because they kept trying to crawl off of me...)
(Yeah....Weird...)
(I know)

(This is the "Bad-Ass New Yorker")
(Because nothing says Bad-Ass like a Star-Fish Bra)

( )

(I should explain why Im laughing so hard)
(All Im going to say is.....)
(No... you know what?)
(Just think about what the backside of a star is comprised of)
(And you will prob be able to figure it out from there)
(If not....well were just going to leave it alone..)

Ok well that does it.....
I had a super fun day........
(And so did those starfish...they didn't even buy me dinner!)

Ive been trying to be more consistent with my posting...hope you've noticed...
Tell your friends....help me get a job....
Just write the blogs name on pieces of paper and hand them out to everyone you see...
And then when I get famous and they make a movie about me I promise to
give you a shootout....and 10 dollars.
Swear...
Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment