Wednesday, August 10, 2011

CUBA....THE FINALE....

WELCOME BACK !!!
Well this is it....
The last of Cuba...
Im leaving you with a little Random Cuban Information....
ENJOY !!

(Gas Station...)
(They said almost 12$ a gallon....)
(Right Ninja?)

(Being Gay is 'Illegal' here...)
(Obviously they aren't familiar with the significance of the 'Rainbow Flag')

(The "Butcher" Shop)

(Ham.)
(Sitting out in the HOTT Sun)
(With no Cover)
(Um....)
(Yeah No thanks...)



(This is a Real Life Candid Shot of when I got Electrocuted in the Bell Tower)
(If only Ninja had said "Watch Sara...that wire's sticking out")
(Oh wait....)
(She did...)

(This is the After.....)

(HA !)
(And people made fun of my for the first two months for walking around in the 
sun with an Umbrella on!!)
(So to all of you...)
(HA !)
(If its cool in Cuba...Its cool anywhere!!!)

( The Beach )
(Yes this is real...)
(Oh don't believe me?)

(Told Ya....)
(They actually Cut those 'Strip Ponds' for this purpose)
(Does not look very comfortable...)
(But I guess when its that Hot...Who cares!!)

(Ahh....)
(The official beer in Cuba....)
(Sold ANYWHERE ANYTHING is sold...)

(Oh this?)
(Beach Umbrella of Course...)

(What?)
(Its a fancy "Open Aired Staircase")
(All the Rave in Cuba..)

(Third "Pregnant Man" Ive seen here...)
(And he's smoking...)
(Terrible)

(The Best Fishing Spot in Havana...)
(I don't ask questions....)
(I just take Pictures)

(All Stoplights have these Counters...)
(Counts down from 75 seconds...)
(I think its actually a pretty Clever Idea...)
(Maybe Ill call the president and tell him....)

(This is a famous bar...bc of the many Now Famous Cliental that sat in those bar seats..)
(It was in fact Ernest Hemingway's  favorite bar....)
(As well as many other Poest...Writers and Artists...)
(I bought an Amazing Painting depicting it...)
(Its in storage...)
(Kill me....)

(People from all over the world actually come here just to see this Bar)

(Tiny little thing...)

(There are Signatures EVERYWHERE.....)

(I took this bc the Dog just Chillin on the 'Stage' struck me as amusing...)
(That shit would never fly in Cayman...OR NY)

(License Plates!!!)
(Kinda look like the new NY ones...)
(Minus the CUBA)


(Medical Center...)
(Yeah I think I might take my chances with a witch doctor....)

(A creative solution for a Broken Chair...)

(Uhhhh...)
(Pay-Phones...)
(Obvs...)

(Policia!!!)
(That means Police in Spanish..)

(They were building this house....)
(This man was seriously spreading mortar on a brick and then laying it down...)
(And then...)
(Repeated...and Repeated...and Repeated...and Repeated...)
(Now THATS what I can manual labor..)

(They are Finally putting up that Awning they always wanted....)

(I tried to use a translator webpage....this is what It gave me...)
(The immortals ideas that Marti irrigo with his blood not seren never traicioadas)
(So yeah Good luck with that)

(  )

(Cuban Pizza...)
(Which is basically Pan Fried Bread ) 
(With a little cheese...)
(And them some marinara type sauce dumped on top...)
(It was very good though...I was surprised...)

(The Electrical Panal...)
(My dad was NOT happy when he saw this...)
(Hes an Electrician...)
(Come on use some deductive reasoning here....)

(Toy Car Repair Shop?)

("Vending Machine")
(Cigs were 1.75 US.... Tukola (soda) was .80 US...)
(COCA COLA was 2.00 US)
(And your damn straight I splurged on it!!)

(Homeless or Napping?)
(We'll never know....)
(UM Because I wasn't about to WAKE him up to ask!!!)


(School "Gym Class")
(Today was Soccer....)



AHHH 
THE SIGN SECTION.....
And Propaganda....
(  )

(I wanted to so bad....)
(But I hadn't gotten my Hep B shot yet....)
(But Im good money NOW!!)


("Every Cuban should Know how to shoot a gun and shoot it well...")
(Lovely)

(  )

("No Nose Picking")
(HAHAHAHA!)
(Its really...."Be Quiet")
(But I don't know why we were taking a hike into the Indian Caves...)
(Ohhh mabye so we didn't disturb the spirits....)

(  )


(HAHA!!! They painted the "Standard Yellow Pole" on the TELEPHONE POLE!!)
(Love it!)


(Really?)
(WTF does that MEAN???)
(Get EXCITED???)

(Yield)
(AND Right with Light Red...)
(Um Humm)



(  )


(Just in case you didn't know....)
(This car is Parked...)

(A Live Performance Show Banner...)

(Highway Billboards)

(Historical Time line....)

(  )

(ITs hard to read but I did make out...)
(Leonard Wood. U.S.A.)
(1901)

(Not sure why this sign is even here?)
(Liberty...Truth...Justice in the US?)

(Ok Im trying to explain the translation here...)
(ITs something like...)
("To see the day when a pure child can stay pure as a man...)
(But don't quote me on that...)
(Thats why I only put one quote mark up there...)
(HAHA...Im WAY to clever for you)

(  )

(Water Meter...)

(Yep...)
(Thats for real...)
(I dedicate this Pic to Chelsea Sweet...)
(XOXOXOXO)

(Book Store)

(No this is not Crack or Heroin...)
(Its spices and Seasonings...)
(But I sure as hell wasn't going to try and bring that back on the plane with me!!)

(Oh great...)
(Some more uncovered Gross Meat)
(AND WHAT IS IN THAT BAG BY HIM)
(Ohh Blood?)
(ITs a BLOOD BAG?)
(Great......)

(Sauces...)
(Very professionally packed)

(This is how you get gas delivered to your house)
(Not dangerous driving that thing around at all...)

(This is how they deal with sewage leaks)
(Using a bucket to dump the 'waste' from the ground to the road..)
(Smelled A-Mazing..)
(And then they tried to chase us for taking their Pic and Not giving them money)

(Fire Truck)
(Pretty modern right?)
(I know I was surprised also)

(Street Whittling)
(This might come as a shock to you but that man looking directly at me ALSO got
pissed bc I didn't give him any money...)
(So out of the ordinary for Cuba...)

(That White Rope that you can barely see is a 'Cuban Elevator')
(Its ok you can Squint....)
(At the end of the rope is a basket...)
(..where anything from tools to Pizza from a restaurant on the top floor, get transported in)



(Public Garbage Pail)
(Obvs)

(This was the Ninjas shot idea...)
(Its a mix of Old..New..and Living...)
(New Building...Old building...old train yard...People)
(Come on stay with me...)

( I   K N O W !! )
(WHAT is this doing in Cuba??)

(AND RICHMOND VA !!!)

("China Town")

(The ONLY Relevantly Chinese Store Front....)
(So its really more like "China Store")
(Not "China Town"...Get it??)

('Hardware Store')

("CVS")

(Oh delicious....)
(YEAH BLESS YOU!!!)
(GROSSSS DUDE)

("Whats the deal Sara?")
("Why the face?" You must be asking yourself...)

(Well THIS is why...)
(A PRIEST gently touching a Young Boy wearing nothing more than a Loin Cloth...)
(No WONDER why there are so many Perverted Priests...)

(This is the 'Shopping Cart Snack Lady')
(She said she was 70 and said she had never had her picture taken before...)
(So the Ninja said she would send her these...which Im sure she did...)
(She's good like that...)

(Popcorn...Fried Pork Skins and ....)


(Some DELICIOUSLY salty Roasted Peanuts...)



(A Tractor)

(Flea Market)

(A scandalous Fountain)

(This is a game....)
(Apparently you 'throw roll' this big metal hoop thing....)
(And the other person has to hop over it...)
(?)

(The Havana Airport)

And with that folks...
We Leave Cuba...
How many was that?
9 Posts for 4 days of Visiting?)
(And Im going to Asia for FIVE WEEKS...)
(Damn....)

No comments:

Post a Comment